At Gallery Dental of Oakbrook, our team proudly uses the latest laser dentistry technology. One especially beneficial tool is DIAGNOdent™, which can detect otherwise hidden cavities. Thanks to this technology, Dr. Peter Noto can diagnose decay at a much earlier stage and provide effective care to save your tooth.
DIAGNOdent™ is just one of the many state-of-the-art tools we use for more efficient, effective, and comfortable dental care. Contact us today to benefit from our advanced technology.
What is DIAGNOdent™?
DIAGNOdent™ is a cavity detection pen that uses a 655 nm diode laser to uncover decay below the surface of the tooth. When the pen emits laser light, cavities in teeth will display fluorescence, and the display screen will register this higher reading. The more severe the decay, the higher the level of fluorescence on the screen. Healthy teeth, on the other hand, will show no elevated levels of fluorescence.
In addition to the visual display, DIAGNOdent™ is equipped with an audio signal to alert your practitioner to the presence of tooth decay. Thanks to this feature, Dr. Noto can focus on you and your comfort during your exam. Plus, because you can also hear the signal, you can participate more actively in your own treatment.
How does DIAGNOdent™ benefit you?
DIAGNOdent™ offers numerous advantages for your dental care:
- Accuracy: Although dental caries are often located on the surface of teeth, some decay begins within the tooth structure. DIAGNOdentTM can uncover these concealed cavities. Furthermore, approximately 90% of cavities are located in the proximal area of teeth, the area where two teeth face or touch each other. While it can be difficult to see these cavities with the naked eye, they are easily registered by the DIAGNOdentTM laser. Further, the tool is 90% effective in diagnosing decay that does not show up on traditional dental x-rays.
- No radiation: Unlike diagnostic x-rays, DIAGNOdentTM does not involve any radiation exposure.
- Risk-free: The tip of the DIAGNOdent™ is removable so your dental professional can easily remove and sanitize it after each use.
- Could save your teeth: Thanks to the laser’s great accuracy, Dr. Noto can diagnose dental caries much earlier. In fact, in some cases, he can uncover the risk of decay and provide preventive care before a cavity even develops. In other instances, he can diagnose very small cavities before they compromise the overall integrity of your tooth.
Additional Advanced Technology at Our Office
DIAGNOdent™ is just one of the tools we use for improved dental care. When you visit our office, you will benefit from additional technology.
- Intraoral cameras: With tiny cameras, Dr. Noto can take pictures inside your mouth and project them on a video screen in the treatment room.
- Isolite®: This lighting system provides 360-degree illumination in your mouth and can dramatically cut down on treatment time.
- Magnification loupes: Magnification loupes make your teeth appear five times bigger.
- The Waterlase MD™ laser: This hard and soft-tissue laser allows for more precise tooth preparation and tissue removal with minimal discomfort.
- VELscope® oral cancer detection: Similar to DIAGNOdentTM, VELscope® uses fluorescence to reveal cancerous lesions which are otherwise invisible to the eye.
Come Benefit from Laser Dentistry with Dr. Noto
You deserve truly superior dental treatment, performed with accuracy, compassion, and the best dental tools available. Contact us today to enjoy this high level of care. Fill out our convenient online contact form or call us directly at (630) 620-8300. Dr. Noto serves patients in Oakbrook Terrace, IL, and the surrounding communities.