CEREC Restoration in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
CEREC Restoration is an acronym that stands for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics, as well as for Ceramic Restoration. The system is for dentists and is designed to simplify multiple dental procedures, including implants, teeth restoration and orthodontic procedure using the CAD/CAM technology. Using cutting-edge technology, the system enables dentists to produce multiple dental prosthesis and provide one-session treatment for damaged or missing teeth. The system was invented in the ‘80s and has been evolving ever since.
How CEREC Restoration Works
The CEREC Restoration system is used exclusively in dental offices. To benefit from this type of service, patients need to make an appointment with a dentist using CEREC technology. The initial stage involves a traditional teeth evaluation, during which the dentist presents the available options for restoration. Once settled for a crown, bridge, dental implant or veneers, the dentist starts taking pictures of the targeted tooth, neighboring teeth, and opposite teeth using the CT scans, digital radiographs, and visible light scanning. The photos are done using an intra-oral camera which is connected to the computer. Based on the photos, a 3D image of the crown/implant, etc. is designed by the computer. The information is then sent to a milling center, where the prosthesis is milled from a single block of ceramic. The polishing procedure lasts between 5 to 15 minutes, unlike traditional laboratory-designed prosthesis which takes up to two weeks to return to the dental office.
Once the prosthesis is ready, the dentist fits it in the patient’s mouth. This means that a dental implant, a crown or bridge is a one-session treatment with the CEREC system. The digital impressions are far more comfortable than traditional impressions.
Uses of CEREC Restorations in Dental treatments
CEREC is extremely versatile, eases the dentist’s work considerably and decreases the waiting time for the patient. The main uses include:
- Restoration: Crowns, inlays, onlays and veneers are available in just one sitting.
- Implantology: Tooth implant in one session is probably the most appealing thing about the CEREC. Thanks to the screw-retained crowns, the dentists can perform the implant in one session and cement the crown onto the implant the same day.
- Orthodontics: The latest CEREC innovation is a small intraoral, powder-free camera which enables fast and effective 3D images of all teeth. The impressions can be used for creating straightening devices, especially clear braces (such as Invisalign). The procedure shortens the waiting time for the patient so that the treatment can start in a matter of days. For best results, the CEREC Ortho software is needed.
Benefits of CEREC Restorations in Oakbrook Terrace
- One-session treatment for tooth restorations and implant;
- Decreased waiting time for clear braces;
- Accurate teeth impression which prevents bulky crowns or excessive debris;
- Less post-treatment side-effects;
- Aesthetic value due to the ceramic material;
- Much more resistant ceramic crowns and veneers than similar lab-made ceramic devices;
- A more comfortable experience for patients.
CEREC has made dental procedures easier, faster and more comfortable for 30 years. Given all its advantages, it is no wonder that more and more dentists switch to CEREC and leave traditional dental-lab made prosthesis behind. To know more about the CEREC technology, get in touch with us.